Portfolio Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Blog-iversary to me...July 6th, 2009.

It's been a year since my first blog. Woo-Hoo!!

It is surprising to see what all went on and got blog-shared in the last year.

Nature and the critters in our world fascinate me. The blog allows me to show unsuspecting blog-visitors the things I notice every day but that I don't generally have someone handy to which I can point out the marvels in my daily path.
I'm still particularly tickled with this series of Frost Pictures.
And then there's the blockbuster pictures: dragon in the back yard, the ginormous lizard I found in the Hall Bathroom, and Attack of the 50-foot Grasshopper.
[What do you mean asking if I have a tendency to exaggerate?!?!] ;-)

I experienced generally good health in the past year although the insomnia continues. (I'm getting reallllly good at it!) Work continues to challenge me in good ways and sometimes in not so good ways. I'm making a serious effort to find ways to avoid letting some of the ugliness at work hurt me and inspire more insomnia. [blech]

There never seems to be enough time to knit and craft, but I've also completed some spiffy crafts, learned new techniques, met AMAZING teachers, was gifted with a few craft adventures, and I yearn for more! (There seems to be a lot of felting going on, though...)
I lost a beloved furry friend but now have two more furry monsters enlivening my life: CooPurr and the kitten, Gryphon. BobCat became less than healthy but seems to have improved greatly in the past few months (I wonder if it has anything to do with the 2 new kitty-bros he's inherited?).

I got to do for a couple of charities and was gifted, along with millions of others, with The Last Lecture. I explored more of the Internet, YouTube, quite a few blogs, and came up with some serious blog-favorites , charmers, magical crafting, and keepers!

I'm rather liking this way to document bits of my life. I like revisiting the pictures and the memories. And the occasional visitor comments that make me feel like I've succeeded/achieved something grand. Writing something or posting pictures that move folks to leave a comment feels like a gift.
Not to mention the heart-smile that comes from seeing my friend Snarkula watching over me and my blog!

A year ago, I didn't quite know what I was getting into...and I've still got lots to learn - but I think my first year of blogging went reasonably well.
I know why I like looking back over the blogs I've posted - it is the evidence of the happenings and blessings in my life!

Blessings to you and yours. Let's see what the next year of blogging brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment