Portfolio Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Hola! How goes your New Year?

Greetings and Salutations!
Welcome to a New Year!

What have you-all been up to? Fun stuff, I hope.

My apologies for dropping off the face of the blog when I completed my pledge to blog daily through December. Were you-all inspired to travel to any stores/sites to shop? Was I successful in my December Vicarious Shopping campaign?
{wry grin}

So, what have I been up to the last couple of months (when I wasn't setting up blogs)?

  • Most recently, I have been finishing up some of my holiday to-do's. I finished and wove-in ends on a variety of fingerless Mitts for shipping and gifting. Some have been relegated to 2013 Christmas Gifts. {wry grin}  But I'll be ahead of the game next, uh, this year.
    (I have some pictures...I'll try to get 'em posted and you will be agog at the number of mitts created pretty much just in December. {Ok, well, I'm agog.})
  • I've fallen behind on video podcasts but it's kind of fun to be able to go through several all at one time...no waiting for my next "visit", as it were. I've been trying to catch up on Single Handed Knits - with a side journey over to The Knit Girllls to view Mel from SHK appearing on the Knit Girllls video podcast along with hosts Leslie ("You don't call me Les") and Laura ("LaLa") and another guest, Diane aka "Knitables" (?) from where I don't know (I'll try to track her down).
  • I have been listening to more audio podcasts (The Knitmore Girls, Cast On, Knitting Pipeline, CraftLit, and Writer's Almanac) although I'm still "living in the past" of most. {sigh}
  • In Nov./Dec., I was a bit more present on Twitter (Where are the kitty-pictures, you ask? Yep, check the tweets. {That's a bit of a pun if you stretch it some... Cats...birds. Birds tweet...? Ok, moving on.}).
  • I have walked on the Treadmill most every day but I did eat pretty much everything put in front of me the last two months (including some wicked-good baking I performed) so the weight-to-loss ratio is nil.
  • I suspended my home-study of Algebra the last two... oh -three weeks. (The New Year is streaking by quickly). I'm plotting to test out of math {again} for the Fiber Arts degree. Apparently the rest of my General Studies degree from ages ago stands but the math "expires" so I'll have to test out of it again or take some math classes. (By the way, I currently favor the Khan Academy for my Algebra refresher
    {It's ok, I thought of "Star Trek II - Wrath of..." too.} ;-)
  • I am being of more use to the Tucson Handweavers and Spinners guild (I'm working with the Raffle Basket co-chairs for the 2013 Fashion Show and Luncheon {Pssst - you don't have to be a guild-member to attend!!}) and have attended a couple of Weaving Study Group meetings (I feel like a High School kid sitting in on a University doctoral class - wow, these folks are talented!). 
  • As previously noted, I did spend quite a bit of time exploring the Arizona Unemployment system, benefits, One Stop employment support classes, and some time exploring college options.
  • The cats are feeling much more supervised. {wry grin}
  • I am doing some minor, part-time work for friends (for which I am profoundly grateful) that offers me hope that I can still focus on school, bring in some funds to offset costs, work around the school schedule, and be of some use to the kind folks utilizing my skills (they seem pleased thus far!). 
  • I have also been taking the Little Brother to a few eye Doctor appointments. He's doing very well and is busy in his life, work, and interests.
  • A kind friend has taken me to some University of Arizona sporting events and a stellar UofA Music School performance.
    I have to say, the UofA Woman's Basketball team is amazing. No waiting for the ball to arrive on one end of the court - they press and work to get the ball the full length of the court. It was a really good game!
  • I have not yet spent a great deal of time {ok, any time} happily "loitering" at my favored Yarn shops, but hope springs eternal. 

Ok, enough blathering updates. I'll sign off for now and plot some more blogs for the month. School starts soon and I'm very interested in the subjects and the school work-load.

Oh - and yes, I'm still smitten with The Piano Guys.
Here's a couple of their most recent videos.
The music is stellar and  the "MI" video is fun! (don't miss the out-takes at the end!!):

A little late, but still charming "We Three Kings":

Have a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment