Portfolio Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Looks like LBK (Little Black Kitten) will be staying with us!

LBK had his first real vet visit today. He weighs 1.2 pounds and is about 5 weeks old.
And I wasn't sure I was going to get him back from the Vet techs. He was climbing on their shoulders, having his picture taken, and generally fussed over. Aside from the hearty approval of the kitten-smitten Vet Techs, the Vet said his health seems good, he was well behaved but spunky, and beginnings of a tummy bode well for the improvement of the slight bony-ness of his hips and shoulders. Oh - and he's teething. He'll go back in a few weeks for his first kitten shots.
AND he does Not have the major kitty diseases. [YEAH!!]

I've only had him for 4 days. He now purrs when I come into the room and pick him up to say Hi.
Litter training was easily achieved on Saturday - he's smart!

He plays most of the time. Sometimes I think he plays because he doesn't want to go to sleep...and then he conks out (kind of like a little kid...). It may be my imagination, but he seems to have taken a liking to playing on me or around me.




(The big brown things are my knees.)



































The co-worker who helped rescue kitten came to visit tonight. Well, he also visited with the big kitties too. (Darn, I shoulda got pictures! Rats.) Seems he's been a dog person all his life and was surprised and delighted to find cats were so affectionate and had such personality. He was tickled that the kitten seems to have put on some weight and that he was playing so much.










































There was even some purring involved. I think he's sor
We interrupt this blog for a sample of kitten-typing:
"11111111111111

..0000..4......//////////////////////////////////////////////"

Some of the above message was created the old fashioned way - by kitten standing on the keyboard. Some was typed in a more stealthy manner...
Kitten has taken to hiding underneath the monitor stand and bapping at my fingers as I type. Obviously today, he felt he could do a better job typing the blog...



See the little toes darting out of the darkness over the "F3" key?





And now back to our not-so-regularly-scheduled blog...

I think the co-worker is sorely tempted to keep the kitten but he stated several times he wouldn't take him away from me after seeing how the kitten watches me. I noted that he does still have first dibs but if he wants to adopt the kitten, he needs to say so soon before I'm so smitten I couldn't part with him. (Soon - as in yesterday.)
He reiterated that the kitten should stay with me. Nice man. He's even insisting on paying part of the vet bills - I think he'd pay for all of it if I let him. A very nice man.
We plotted to have another kitten-visit evening so his girlfriend could come by and also considered a dinner out we and another co-worker have discussed in the past.

So - it appears the kitten stays. Guess now we need to start considering a name more seriously.



Why yes, I did type most of this blog one-handed. Why do you ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment