Portfolio Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Decorating for Halloween!

About Decorating for Halloween....I generally don't.
I've got friends that go whole-hog when decorating for Halloween. And I'll cheer them on, help them find decorating stuff, and proudly describe their accomplishments. 

Me - not so much with the Halloween decorating. 
I don't throw a party or anything and it's just more stuff for the cats to uh, "rearrange". 

I do carve some interesting pumpkins for Halloween. But I didn't this year and I'm not finding electronic pictures of my past carvings. 
(I'll sit down and figure out the scanner feature in the aging printer soon, really). 

Ok, I have been known decorate my desk at the office. 
Just so I could have these pretties out to admire (and hug) at least once a year: 
{The soft Beanie Baby Black Cat with the wicked orange eyes on the
far left is probably my favorite of this group.)
Most of the above (and several from the next group below) were gifts from my best-est friend-of-most-years, Joyce.
I did purchase the tall, 2nd-from-the-left Kitty in the Ghost dress and "Mary-Janes" is from an extremely talented crafting friend whose ability and imagination never cease to amaze me. 


The black cat draped over the bench handle on the left side is actually a scarf - that I plan to wear tonight to greet Trick or Treaters. 

As you've probably guessed, the Door Handle decoration won't be hung on any doors in my home where the monster-cats can reach it. {shudder}
An extremely gifted needlepointing friend made this treasure for me years ago. 


{The nifty fabric on the back!}
She chooses amazing, creative stitches and selects very specific fibers and colours that add texture and depth to her needlepoint pieces. 
{Did you notice the ceramic "Candy Corn" ears?}

Hmmm - it would appear I actually did do some 
"Decorating for Halloween" this year. 
I decorated the blog!


May you all have a safe and fun Halloween with 
many smiles and just the right amount of 
chocolate, excitement, and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment