Portfolio Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Diabetes Update - Home again! But which home?

Well, the time has been streaking by. Life has been a blur and things seem a bit blurry to me. Woof.

The Little Brother was released this week from the Transitional Care Facility and allowed to go home.
But not his home.
He has chosen to come to live with the DH and myself for a little while. I'm pretty tickled that he chose to do so and I feel a bit more comfortable knowing that he's got company 24-hours a day.
Ok, it's not human company 24-hours a day, but for the most part either the DH or I are home for the majority of the day/night.

I think the Little Brother and the cats have been enjoying each other's company. There is usually at least one cat following LB around and I have witnessed a goodly amount of purring, snuggling, and pets. LB is learning why I am so well trained {wry grin} and he thinks my cats understand English.  ;-)

I've been taking him to various doctor appointments and the home health care nurses have been visiting him here as well.
My "new" job has been reasonably understanding about my odd hours and my working from home or staying late to make up time. Although I have to admit, I have not yet made up all the time expended. But I will. (The pros and cons of being a work-aholic.)

The Little Brother is doing an excellent job of monitoring his diabetes and selecting his meals. His blood sugar ranges have been MUCH more reasonable and I think he feels better. Bonus - he's had dinner ready for me the last two evenings when I got home from work! (And he's pretty good cook too!)
The walking he started at the last facility has been converted into exploring my neighborhood 2 or 3 times a day.
I'm impressed and tickled and generally extremely pleased that he's doing so well; that he is taking his recovery seriously and with an excellent attitude.

I'm proud of him. Again. Still. Ever.
Hugs.

Oh - and now that he's facility-free and home...I hadda show my "Whovian" Little Brother this "I built a Tardis" video by Sillysparrowness (with whom I am quite smitten...if you have time, take a look at her other videos too. Fun, charming, silly, clever...Quite spiffy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment