Portfolio Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Diabetes Update - Cautiously Optimistic

Yep, that is my current perspective.
Cautiously Optimistic.

The Little Brother (and his loving fan club) had a bit of a scary weekend.
It does appear that he (with the help of even more antibiotics, numerous gallons of IV fluid, and a variety of pills, supplements, and round-the-clock medical care) has successfully fought off whatever infection was stalking him over last weekend.

His White Blood Cell count has lowered dramatically, his Glucose is generally pretty good, and he looks and feels much, much better.
{Wry/tired grin} The above pseudo-medical jargon are the bits and pieces of medical clues that have come to be my daily staple regarding the physical status of my little brother beyond my asking him "How you be today?"

I need to do a blog on the job status, but the upshot is: I didn't quite make it to unemployment. Someone bought our system and asked a few of us to accompany the sale.
Technically, I started the new job today.

Around the new job, I text the Little Brother and call him throughout the day, run errands, make calls, help him deal with bills-n-such, and visit in the evenings - usually until he kicks me out. I'm still not doing particularly well at getting sleep, but....well, it's on my mind a lot. {grin}

And we only embarked on this medical adventure about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Crimony. Life can definitely change in the blink of an eye.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs Honey!!! we are all fighting what we don't understand... at this point... you are the most awesome sister,and taking care of what I can't at this point>>> Hugs>> Love>>> and more Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete