Portfolio Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Diabetes Update - Dunno/Not Sure

I thought I'd post a quick update but I am not sure what to say beyond I don't know and I'm not sure.

{Sigh}

My younger Brother was doing better and early in the week was transferred to a recovery facility that specializes in the type of care he needs, however, the last few days have not been as positive as I'd hoped.

I believe he may be fighting off an infection of some sort.
The nurses tell me he's young and his vitals are good and they're not worried. They think this will be overcome.

I certainly hope so ~ pray so ~ but I am a champion worrier.
And I don't know enough.
I'm trying to study up on Diabetes between hospital visits, time at work, errands for Little Brother, and basic time at home (cats to feed, litter to clean, laundry to do...oh, and I should eat/sleep some to be mildly coherent and not a literal danger to myself and other drivers on the road).
No, obviously I can't really help with the hospital stuff by knowing more, but it helps me to understand more.
I have a lot to learn.

And I'm back to waiting...for test results, for improvement, for phone calls, insurance and paperwork responses, and waiting to be with my brother.

I'm for bed. I promised him I'd get some more sleep.

Here's hoping there will be improvement tomorrow.
That the test results will be better.

If you have a moment, please send positive, healing thoughts his way.
My Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment