Portfolio Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

"Pay it Forward", Handcrafter style!

I have been all over the Internet this weekend.

  • Keeping tabs on the comments a couple of folks left to help me fulfill the 4-year Blogiversary pledge to donate to Doctors Without Borders for the first 4 comments left on that post. (2 down, 2 to go!)
  • Contacting folks on Ravelry who have the same great taste in yarn - who might not be using theirs and would be willing to let me adopt it so I could hope to finish the Swirl Coat in the same dye lot. (Yep, there's a whole 'nother blog).
  • Shopping for more yarn to make Jayne Hats for the local Browncoats group. 
  • And the above travels inspired several "Ohh, Shiny" side trips. 
One such side-trip to the blog of a spiffy soul I follow on Twitter led to several revelations, knitting envy/admiration, and...a "Pay it Forward" commitment, Handcrafter Style.

I'd met Olgalyn Jolly during a Twitter Knitchat discussion.
I got lost in her blog, "Knitting in the Fastlane", for a bit today. A hugely talented Designer and Machine Knitter, she creates lovely, complex stuff. And she knit SOCKs, her very first pair, on a knitting machine (no, not a sock knitting machine, a flat knitting machine)!!!). I think they are clever and charming and I might be most impressed with the research and samples she did!

One of her blogs presented a "Handcrafting and Pay it Forward" offer that intrigued me. I was lucky enough to be the 3rd commentor on her "Pay it Forward" Blog post so sometime in the next 365 days, I  can expect to receive a handmade gift by Olgalyn.


Thusly, I happily fulfill my commitment to make the same "Pay it Forward", Handcrafter style offer to you, dear blog-reader: 
  1. I will send a surprise gift to the first three commenters on this post. The gift will be handmade by me.  It will be sent sometime in the next 365 days. It will be a surprise.  We all love getting surprises in the mail, right?
  2. To sign up and receive a gift, you must play along, too. Pay it Forward on your blog, by promising to make a surprise for the first three people who comment on the post.
  3. You must have a blog (that is updated, as I will blog stalk you to find the right gift for you).
  4. After commenting here, you must repost this or something similar to your blog in 48 hours.  If not, I will chose the next person who comments.
The above idea and the majority of the verbiage relating to this offer are recycled from O!Jolly!, Jellidonut, PDXKnitterati, Eskimimi....(I followed the trail two blogs further back and stopped there, tickled that I was in very good company!).

Want to play with us?
If you'd like to receive a surprise, handmade-by-KiniaCat gift in your mailbox, please leave a comment on this blog post and be prepared to "Pay it Forward" within 48 hours on your own blog to make the same offer. Please also leave me a way to contact you so I can request your shipping information to effect the surprise within 365 days of your comment!
I am happy to ship Internationally but I might need some International shipping coaching. (Thanks!)

If you don't happen to be one of the first 3 commentors, please leave a comment anyway in case someone drops out. Don't give up if I have 3 bonafide commentors in my queue - consider visiting their blogs to see if you could comment to become one of their top 3 and "Pay it Forward" from there!

Come play and we can "Pay it Forward"!

No comments:

Post a Comment