- Keeping tabs on the comments a couple of folks left to help me fulfill the 4-year Blogiversary pledge to donate to Doctors Without Borders for the first 4 comments left on that post. (2 down, 2 to go!)
- Contacting folks on Ravelry who have the same great taste in yarn - who might not be using theirs and would be willing to let me adopt it so I could hope to finish the Swirl Coat in the same dye lot. (Yep, there's a whole 'nother blog).
- Shopping for more yarn to make Jayne Hats for the local Browncoats group.
- And the above travels inspired several "Ohh, Shiny" side trips.
I'd met Olgalyn Jolly during a Twitter Knitchat discussion.
I got lost in her blog, "Knitting in the Fastlane", for a bit today. A hugely talented Designer and Machine Knitter, she creates lovely, complex stuff. And she knit SOCKs, her very first pair, on a knitting machine (no, not a sock knitting machine, a flat knitting machine)!!!). I think they are clever and charming and I might be most impressed with the research and samples she did!
One of her blogs presented a "Handcrafting and Pay it Forward" offer that intrigued me. I was lucky enough to be the 3rd commentor on her "Pay it Forward" Blog post so sometime in the next 365 days, I can expect to receive a handmade gift by Olgalyn.
Thusly, I happily fulfill my commitment to make the same "Pay it Forward", Handcrafter style offer to you, dear blog-reader:
- I will send a surprise gift to the first three commenters on this post. The gift will be handmade by me. It will be sent sometime in the next 365 days. It will be a surprise. We all love getting surprises in the mail, right?
- To sign up and receive a gift, you must play along, too. Pay it Forward on your blog, by promising to make a surprise for the first three people who comment on the post.
- You must have a blog (that is updated, as I will blog stalk you to find the right gift for you).
- After commenting here, you must repost this or something similar to your blog in 48 hours. If not, I will chose the next person who comments.
Want to play with us?
If you'd like to receive a surprise, handmade-by-KiniaCat gift in your mailbox, please leave a comment on this blog post and be prepared to "Pay it Forward" within 48 hours on your own blog to make the same offer. Please also leave me a way to contact you so I can request your shipping information to effect the surprise within 365 days of your comment!
I am happy to ship Internationally but I might need some International shipping coaching. (Thanks!)
If you don't happen to be one of the first 3 commentors, please leave a comment anyway in case someone drops out. Don't give up if I have 3 bonafide commentors in my queue - consider visiting their blogs to see if you could comment to become one of their top 3 and "Pay it Forward" from there!
Come play and we can "Pay it Forward"!