Portfolio Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Ok, So It Wasn't a Test Run

 It has been a long week...and it's only been a couple of days. 

Today is the first day that my eyeballs don't hurt. Ok, they don't hurt much...

So when last I typed I thought I was on the road to recovery after contracting a Flu, having tested Negative for COVID 19

Later that day...
The husband attempted to get his COVID test results but the testing company's website was having glitches. He contacted them and they couldn't get it to work either so they sent him a work-around. He was pursuing the work-around when we got a text from his work indicating they had his COVID test results and they were Negative

Unfortunately, that text was immediately followed by a 2nd text: "Sorry, COVID test result was Positive".

Also unfortunately, that afternoon I realized I couldn't get warm. About the time I figured out another pair of socks wasn't going to help, the body aches started again and my fever was back. 

The next day we got email confirmation of the husband's Positive COVID 19 test. So I made another testing appointment with Pima County. The young lady who did the 2nd test was a bit more determined to get a really good sample - it still tickled but this one made my eyes water a bit. 

Yep, got the Positive test result the next day so I'm official. My best friend (the nurse) suspects I got the "Negative" test result because I hadn't had enough time to build up a "viral load" when I got tested the morning after my first fever (or that I caught COVID on top of a regular Flu). 

The husband has been doing pretty well on recovering. I appear to be lagging a week or so behind. I've been taking a lot of naps and watching the DVR stuff I've recorded but rarely get to watch. I still haven't lost the sense of taste or smell but I am regularly queasy and, as previously noted, my eyeballs hurt. Ok, even my hair hurt for a couple of days but it's improving. 

I feel cautiously....what? Optimistic? Lucky? Queasy?
{Yeah, I feel queasy.}
This thing can be profoundly nasty...and sneaky. I already thought I was getting over it once and I was Wrong. And COVID can have long term effects.
So...I'll just be cautious for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment