Portfolio Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2021

"Still Alive" and Cat Smarts

Yep, "Still Alive"!
(I'm hearing Cloris Leachman in my head a la "The Croods" {a movie with which I became surprisingly smitten...and re-smitten with Ms. Leachman.}).

I'm not quite back at work yet. 
My temp had been pretty normal for five days, I was approaching my work-release date, the cough was essentially gone, and I thought I was on track to be free from strict home quarantine, go to work, and back to COVID-world normalcy. 

And then my normal temp went up .6 degrees yesterday morning, the cough came back yesterday afternoon, and today - headache. I am terrified about possibly spreading this thing so I told work I'd be holding off a few more days and went about trying to contact my GP - who I have seen exactly once - over a year ago. 

The GP was already overbooked so I am scheduled to have a video chat with someone else in his office. 

What is it about Wednesdays and COVID? First two fevers on Wednesday. Skip a Wednesday (lulling me into thinking I'm getting better...) and then my temp climbed again - on a Wednesday. {Wednesday used to be one of my favorite days...}
Per the conversations I had with a variety of folks today, COVID affects people in different ways but it is somewhat common that it doesn't leave when it should. So, yes, I'm wondering if it's going to be an annoying, mild lingering thing or if every odd passing pain I get means my spleen is failing. 

The good news....I stopped being queasy last week {VERY happy about that} and my eyeballs don't hurt anymore. My work is being super supportive.  {Thank you!!}
The husband is doing quite well and has been back at work for over a week. 

And Simon has a new trick. 
Simon is one of the kittens we adopted almost 2 years ago. He is a handsome fellow with crossed blue eyes and is a champion snuggler. I understand from his rescuer that he was a bottle-baby so he loves to be snuggled and adored but I have to acknowledge he is a bit self-oriented. 
See - extremely adorable.

So, Simon's newest trick relates to the fact that he has realized we keep certain string-y kitty toys up on a shelf on the husband's side of the master closet. He was complaining for a while and doing laps below after the last time I put the favored toys away. 

Have you ever wondered if your cat is a genius or Forest Gump? (There are smarts on both sides of that question.) 

Simon has discovered if he climbs up the clothes in the closet he can walk on top of the shoulders of the hanging clothes. Thus far he has climbed up the back of the clothes and he finds himself stuck behind the bar. 


When assisting him out of this predicament, I parted the hangers and he climbed onto my back - and then he tried to climb up to the kitty toys on the shelf (hence our realization as to why he was suddenly so interested in climbing the clothes). 
So he's climbed up the back of the clothes a few times, gets stuck, and he ends up on my back. 

For now, we're keeping the closet doors closed. Simon is not pleased. 

1 comment:

  1. What a sweetie! Keep taking good care of yourself. <3

    ReplyDelete