Portfolio Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Damnation! CSTS Reminder and I am totally Smitten with....

"Damnation"is one of my favored pseudo expletives.

I am applying it here in relation to the"Big Damn Heroes" of Firefly/Serenity and my recent addiction to "The Piano Guys"music.

CSTS = "Can't Stop the Serenity" Event by the Arizona Browncoats Group
I posted a blog about the Phoenix and Tucson "Can't Stop the Serenity" event a couple of months ago. The time is nigh for the Tucson event (Phoenix had theirs earlier this week).
This coming weekend, 6 PM at the Fox Theater downtown Tucson.
It'll be quite the Shindig. Come along if you've a mind to.  

"The Piano Guys" = music that is taking over my "Top 25 Most Played" list on my iTouch. 
 I posted a blog with 3 links to spiffy videos/music from "The Piano Guys" about 10 days ago.

One of the tracks on their album (#3 specifically) has become a Happy-chair-dance addiction for me. Ok, I tap my feet and dance a bit to this no matter where I am (and I don't dance).
It Works for me. Makes me smile, cry (generally happy tears), tap feet/fingers, chair-dance, miss folks that have passed on....it certainly catches me emotionally.
Per iTunes, I've listened to this 108 times in the last 12 days. (Yeah, what iTunes doesn't know is that most of those plays happened in the last 3 days...and then there's all the times I've listened to the video on YouTube).

There's a few songs that affect me that way. I should track them down to inflict them upon the blog. It would be very interesting to see if that music affect others that way too. Let me know what you think!

Anyway, this is "The Piano Guys" cover of "Without You".
I've heard the original by David Guetta/Usher a few times and it is quite nice. But it's not this combination of piano, cello, vocals, percussion, and .... - yeah, I'll stop typing.    Go listen.
Pick up the album if you've a mind to. ;-)
Note - as confessed my blog post of t'other week, I'm still pretty smitten with "The Cello Song", but it hasn't crested the "25 Most Played" list. Yet.

Have a lovely week.
(Yep, I'm still listening to "Without You" and my right foot is a-tapp'n.)
(Pssst - you can also become a Founder's Club Member for "The Piano Guys".)

No comments:

Post a Comment